Week of 30 November 2020
What did I want to do better this week?
I wanted to track how many times I mindlessly picked up my phone and scrolled through stuff for no reason.
So, how did that go then?
On to 20 for 2020
I’ve been focusing on my 50 mm photo project (thing 9) this week. I got a bit behind in editing so I spent some time catching up with that.
What did I achieve this week?
My regular check in: I did my weekly photojournal and worked on my Hobart Street Corners project.
Apart from that it’s been a pretty slow week. Last week I was talking to someone about Christmas trees and I said I hadn’t put mine up last year until a couple of days before Christmas and had assumed no one was interested. Then Kramstable asked why we hadn’t put up the tree and it was done in very rapid time. The very day after that conversation, he asked when we were putting it up. So we did that together.
As you can see, I put a lot of effort into it.
I went to the optometrist during the week to get all of my scripts reviewed. This resulted in me needing new computer glasses, new normal glasses (my current pair is over six years old), and handing over a lot of money. It was one of those times when I didn’t realise how much I needed new glasses until I saw what a difference a tweak to the script would make.
What didn’t go so well?
I’ve just learned about a new way to plan my work days, which may or may not be helpful for me. It involves sticky notes. I’m going to try it over the next couple of months and see if it helps me.
The idea is to follow the routine exactly as written for two months to implant it in your brain so that it becomes a habit. I did it for one day and it felt awkward and forced and I didn’t do it the next day. I’ll blame being really late for work the second day because I was at the optometrist and I’ll try again next week.
What do I want to do better next week?
Force the morning planning ritual.
Summary for the week
- Things completed this week: 0
- Things completed to date: 15 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20, 21)
- Things I progressed: 1 (9)
- Things in progress I didn’t progress: 5 (7, 11, 13, 17, 22)
- Things not started: 1 (19)
- Days I did the morning planning ritual (Goal = 5): 1
- Days I worked on my art (Goal = 2): 6
- Days I read a book (Goal = 7): 7
- Days I did yoga stretches (Goal = 7): 0
- Days I shut my computer down before 10.15 (Goal = 7): 7
- Days I went for a walk in the afternoon (Goal = 7): 3
- Days I had a lunch break away from my desk (Goal = 5 work days): 5